Wednesday 19 December 2018

Trailblazer Community Meetings: Testing In A Box

It's now December 2018, and I would like to give some quick feedback on the meeting we had last week with the members of the Sevilla, ES Developers Group.

There's been a lot of changes in the Trailblazer Community over the last part of 2018, and we're all migrating from Meetup to Bevy.

I've also been quite busy with a few events after the summer, I first had the great opportunity to attend Dreamforce '18 for the 4th time!! OMG!! As well as French Touch Dreamin for the first time, which was a great experience just by the Eiffel Tower!

I've definitely had a really good time within the Community this year, but travelling to other events has kept me a bit out of focus with the local Developers Group I lead in Sevilla...

We had to do something about it; not only because we had everything ready to have our "Testing In A Box" workshop, but also because we had to give Bevy a go and try it.


LONG TIME NO SEE

So after a long time and a platform transition, we scheduled our "Testing In A Box" session. My regular attendees were quite happy to take part and they offered a room in their local office in Sevilla. Thanks very much to Accenture Seville for letting us organise the meeting in their premises.

My Trailblazer friends Jorge Ortega Traverso and Rogelio Machuca Guerrero encouraged most of the members of their team to come along, and we had a full room!!


SWAG

We all know this is very important for all of us Trailblazers. And that was also the case with the newbies in our group. Unfortunately, I didn't have much to give away, apart from the test cards that were shipped earlier in the year, and a number of left over Trailhead caps I had from previous events. So that kept me safe from swag-hungry developers... hahaha


TESTING IN A BOX

The format of the workshop was really good. I have to say that I enjoyed having a few videos to watch, with a number of 'Trailblazer Celebrities'. That gave me the opportunity to introduce some of the Salesforce Evangelists to the new comers. But it also makes it easier for everyone to be focused on what we're going to be doing.




So, after each of the videos, we had a really good and engaging chat. Most of the attendees shared their experience and their opinions on each of the topics being discussed.

That was also a bit surprising for me, as I normally find the situation where some of the attendees expect me to do all the talking and just listen to what I have to say, which is a bit stressful, because sometimes I don't have much to say... haha But anyway, I think the format of this workshop made it a lot easier for everyone to participate.

We shared knowledge, tips and tricks, and not only we discussed good testing practices... I learnt some really bad practices on testing that I don't even want to put into words just so I don't give anyone any bad ideas... but it was really educational...


CODE NEVER LIES

And I can't finish this blog post without mentioning Kevin Poorman's T-shirt!!! We all loved the printed message, that reads: "Code never lies. Comments sometimes do."

This was also part of the conversation amongst the attendees and we all agreed that the message is very true.

That T-shirt looks really cool and we all want one!!


CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE

After this meeting, we had some information about the new Lightning Web Components being released soon and the plans for the coming "Developer Week 2019" meeting in order to go through what's new and what it's all about.

I have to admit that I'm quite excited about the next meeting. I really missed having our local meetings in Sevilla and having had such good turnout I can't wait for the next one!!

I do think this format for the meetings is really good and we all enjoy it more! Well done team Trailblazer Community!
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment